AFCAT 2018: Notification, Exam Pattern and Syllabus
AFCAT (II), 2018 notification was released on 30th May, 2018 for AFCAT exam which will be held in the month of August. The online application started from 16th of June and will go on till 15th of July. All the candidates are expected to fill the online application form before the last date in order to stay away from any chaos at the end. Air Force Common Admission Test comes up twice every year to place officers in the IAF.
AFCAT acts as a medium to apply for the three varying branches of the IAF which are-
- Flying Branch
- Ground Duty (Technical Branch)
- Ground duty (non-technical branch)
*The eligibility criteria may vary for different branches.*
AFCAT Application Details:
- Reach out to the official website of IAF i.e. cdac.in to fill the online application form.
- Fill the application form and pay fee beforehand as the last date to pay application fee is the same as the last date for online application form i.e. 15th July, 2018.
- Application fee for all categories is INR 250.
AFCAT 2018 Eligibility Criteria:
|A graduate in any discipline with mathematics and Physics at 10+2 level and or qualified with 60% marks in B.E/ B.Tech||
Ground Duty (Technical)
|A graduate in any discipline with mathematics and Physics at 10+2 level with minimum 60% marks.||
|A graduate in any discipline with minimum 60% marks and obtain 60% marks in section A and B examination of Aeronautical Society of India or Associate Membership of Institute Engineers (India)|
AFCAT 2018 Selection Process:
|Tier 1||Tier 2||Tier 3|
|Picture Perception, Officer Intelligence rating test and discussion test.||Psychological test, Group test for judging interactive ability and Personal interview.||Medical test|
AFCAT Exam Pattern and Syllabus:
AFCAT Written Exam Pattern:
- The answers are to be marked in an OMR sheet.
- The question paper will be consisting of five sections i.e.
- General Awareness
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Military Aptitude Test
- Verbal Aptitude test
- Logical Reasoning
- The exam will carry total 100 questions.
- Each question carries 3 marks for a right answer while a deduction of 1 mark on every wrong question as of negative marking is expected.
- The exam will go on for 2 hours round the clock.
*All the candidates who will be appearing for AFCAT Ground Duty (Technical Exam) will have to undergo knowledge test i.e. The Engineering Knowledge Test (EKT) just after the written exam which is common for all the candidates.*
EKT Exam Pattern:
- It will carry total 50 questions.
- Each right answer carries 3 marks (1 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer).
- The time for EKT exam is limited to 45 minutes.
AFCAT Syllabus 2018:
|English||Numerical Ability||Reasoning and Military Aptitude||General Knowledge|
2. Error Detection,
4. Antonyms and Testing of Vocabulary
5. Sentence Completion/Filling in of correct word
6. Idioms and Phrases
|1. Decimal Fraction
2. Time and Work
4. Profit & Loss
6. Ratio& Proportion
7. Simple Interest
8. Time and Distance (Trains/Boats & Streams).
|1. Verbal Skills
2. Spatial Ability
5. Current Affairs
7. Basic Science
11. Sports etc.
Apply Syndicate and Get Set to Prepare well.
All the best!