As the GATE 2018 exam scheduled in the month of Feb 2018, the IIT Guwahati authority released the official notification about the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering syllabus and GATE 2018 exam pattern. The exam paper will include questions in two forms like MCQs and NAT. There is no change in the GATE entrance exam pattern as per the Gate Information Brochure, which you can download from below link:
Check below are some important facts related to GATE Exam Pattern 2018
- The entrance exam will held in online mode.
- There are 23 papers to be held.
- 65 questions of total 100 marks.
- The paper will have 2 types of questions – Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) & Numerical Answer Type (NAT).
- Total 3 hours to attempt the paper.
- Negative marking for Multiple Choice Questions.
- No negative marking for NAT questions.
- GATE 2018 Syllabus is based on the selection of discipline of under graduate level.
See also: GATE 2018 ME Syllabus
See below the table contains:
Important details of GATE Exam Pattern
|Key Points of Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering Exam 2018|
|Date of exam||Feb 2018: 3-4 & 10-11|
|Exam Time||9-12 hrs : 14-17 hrs|
|No. of Questions||65|
|Question Types||MCQs & NAT|
|Exam Duration||3 hours|
Marking Scheme of GATE
Gate marking scheme is defined on the basis of each subjects, the paper covers a total of 65 questions of 100 marks and it is divided into sub-sections.
There will be 10 questions of marks out of the 100 marks covering the complete General Aptitude section, 5 Questions of 2 Marks and 5 Questions for 1 mark.
Engineering Mathematics will cover 15% weight-age(15 Marks) out of 100 marks for the paper bearing codes CS, EC, EE, AE, AG, BT, CE, CH, IN, MT, PE, ME, MN, PI, TF and XE. Five Questions of 2 Marks each and Five Questions of 1 Marks each. Remaining 70% of total marks is acquired by the subject of the paper.
GATE 2018 Preparation Books
There are lots of GATE preparation books available but the selecting the best ones for the entrance exam preparation not easy to choose. Check out the best recommended books by the expert for GATE 2018 exam preparation books