The General Aptitude Test in Engineering is an exam conducted annually to test the holistic understanding in various undergraduate subjects covered under engineering and science. GATE is collectively hosted by Indian Institute of Science and seven IITs (Roorkee, Kharagpur, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Chennai and Bombay). The score of GATE gives entry to certain postgraduate programmes such as ME/ PhD/ MTech.
GATE 2019 Registration Process:
- Candidates are supposed to apply online.
- Registration will probably start from the end of September and will go on till the month of October.
- Candidates willing to apply for the test must visit the GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS)for the online application facility.
- Application filling process:
- Register as ‘New User’ at the GOAPS.
- Then, sign in with the GOAPS enrolment address and password
- Fill the application form.
- Upload signature, scanned photograph, degree certificate, category certificate and thumb impression.
- After the successful uploading of documents, the fee will be paid through online mode (net banking, debit cards, credit cards etc)
- Submit the Application form.
- Registration procedure remains the same for international aspirants as well.
Application Fee for GATE 2019 EXAM:
|Women and SC/ST/PWD (All categories)||Rs. 750|
|Males (General/ OBC) And Others||Rs. 1500|
|International Students (Addis, Ababa, Colombo, Dhaka and Kathmandu)||US$ 50|
|International Students (Dubai and Singapore)||US$ 100|
Exam Dates for GATE 2019 (tentative):
|Notification Release Date||1st week of July 2018|
|Start Registering from||4th week of August 2018|
|Last date of Registration||2nd week of October 2018|
|The final date of the request for changes in examination city||3rd week of November 2018|
|Admit card generation||1st week of January 2019|
|GATE Aptitude test date||1st week of February 2019|
|Response Sheet Release||2nd week of February|
|Answer Key 2019||3rd week of February|
|Result Revelation||3rd week of March|
|Score Card Download||3rd/4th week of March|
GATE 2019 Eligibility Criteria:
Before applying the candidates must keep in mind the eligibility criteria which needs to be fulfilled. The eligibility criteria are as follows:
- No maximum Age Limit for the applicants.
- Candidates must belong to either of the following countries (India, Bangladesh, Nepal, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Ethiopia, United Arab Emirates)
- Candidates should have either completed their bachelor’s degree or should be in the final year of their bachelor’s degree. Any Degree in any relevant Science subject, BE/B.Tech, M.Sc. will do.
- No minimum pass percentage in the previous degree is required for applying to GATE 2019.
GATE 2019 Exam Pattern:
- Candidates can fill the application only through online mode.
- Candidates can fill three preferable cities as centre for the examination.
- There are a total number of 23 papers hosted by GATE.
- The duration of the exam will be 3 hours.
- The paper will be divided into 2 sections (General Aptitude, the subject selected by the candidate)
- Question paper will consist of both objective as well Numerical Answer Type (NAT) questions.
- There will be 65 questions in total (inclusive of 10 general Aptitude questions)
- Each Question will be for 1 or 2marks.
- Negative marking for questions carrying 1 mark will be 1/3marks whereas for 2 markers will be ½ marks.
- The paper comprises of total 100 marks.
*Candidates might look out for gate previous papers or gate solved papers to get a clear idea about the exam pattern. *
GATE Syllabus 2019:
Candidates can look up for the syllabus before starting preparing for the examination as the syllabus keeps on changing according to the discipline selected by the candidate. The syllabus will be available on this website soon after the application process. The syllabus for General aptitude Test 2019 will remain same for all the 23 papers. Also, the topics that the candidate studied in the graduation will be present in the syllabus of GATE 2019.
Preparation for GATE 2019:
GATE comes under the most difficult engineering entrance examinations to conquer. Candidates need to prepare with full zeal to crack the exam. The candidates may even refer to gate books for ESE, gate books for CSE and gate books for mechanical engineering by Disha Publications which are simplified. Also, the candidate can go through gate previous papers and gate solved papers for further practice once the syllabus gets over.
GATE 2019 zonal centres for Examination:
- IISC Bangalore
- IIT Delhi
- IIT Roorkee
- IIT Bombay
- IIT Kanpur
- IIT Kharagpur
- IIT Madras
- IIT Guwahati
*The tentative application correction process will be started by IIT madras in the 2nd or 3rd week of November 2018. Under this, the candidates would be having access to change some of their already submitted information by logging on to their GOAPS ID. The candidates should keep in mid that not all details could be changed. Also, a certain amount of money is charged for the correction process. *