IBPS RRB stands for the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection that conducts its exam in three stages-prelims, mains and interview. Before you sit to prepare for the mains, you must have a fair and thorough knowledge of the exam pattern. The Mains exam consists of total 200 questions of 2 hours, with a negative marking of 0.25 marks for every wrong answer. The exam consists of five sections of 40 questions and comprises of reasoning, quantitative aptitude, general awareness, English/Hindi language and computer knowledge.
Key highlights of the RRB Mains exam
Practice and practice more. This is the only key to attempting your questions in the exam faster. Clearing the sectional cut off is not just enough; you need to clear the overall cut off as well. In the exam start solving questions from your stronger area. Besides the topics mentioned for the mains exam, you need to focus on covering the last 6 month current affair. And attempting the full length mock test will further help you analyse the performance.
The harder you work, the luckier you get
Know that maintaining a regular study plan and attending mock test will help you attain accuracy. So, make a note of the topics which you know very well and are good with. Also note down the topics in which you are average and require more practice. Collect IBPS RRB study material and note down the topics you need to give more attention. After getting a better idea of all the topics, start building up your basic concepts with easy topics and slowly increase your difficulty level. Start with a speed test as your speed and accuracy plays a vital role in defining your success. Practice as much as you can. Attempt IBPS RRB quizzes.
English section of the exam is very scoring so a good knowledge of grammar and vocabulary will help you fetch good marks and increase you overall score. Also, keep up to date with current affairs to secure god points in general knowledge section. This will make half of your work easier.
RRB exam books – your guide for better preparation
Attempt mock test and access your progress. Continue with your practice and never give up. Try out different strategy of attempting the paper in order to secure marks in 45 minutes. Take correct guidance from RRB exam books and RRB preparation books. They will help you with tricks to solve the reasoning and aptitude part.
Make a list of the requisite IBPS RRB study material and collect the essential IBPS preparation books. Focus on the positive aspects of your preparation and stop distractions.
Motivation and success tips
- Remember that it is going to be hard, but not impossible and then start with your preparation without thinking about negativities or failure.
- Choose a peaceful place for study and study in intervals as it will be more productive than studying at a stretch.
- Worry less as it will help decrease your anxiety level.
- Love your goal and don’t take it as a burden.
- Don’t resort to selective study.
- Exercise for at least 20-30 minutes every day and also practice meditation to beat the stress.
- Eat healthy and sleep for at least 8 hours every day.
- Practice some tricks and shortcuts for logical reasoning section.
- Also, glance through some last minute general awareness to brush up your current affairs.
- In the exam, leave any question that troubles you or takes your time.
- Skip the difficult questions and approach them only after you have some time left from solving all the paper.
- Also, be aware of the number of questions you skip considering the sectional cut offs in the exam.
- Even if you are too sure of your accuracy, do not solve all the questions.
- At last, believe in yourself and your dream. Your hard work will surely reap benefits.