NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY CUM ENTRANCE TEST (UG)
As per regulations framed under the Indian Medical Council Act-1956 as amended in 2016 and the Dentists Act-1948 as amended in 2016, NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY CUM ENTRANCE TEST (UG) – 2017 (NEET-UG-2017) will be conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), for admission to MBBS/BDS Courses in India in Medical/Dental Colleges run with the approval of Medical Council of India/Dental Council of India under the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India except for the institutions established through an Act of Parliament i.e. AIIMS and JIPMER Puducherry.
The Central Board of Secondary Education has conducted the National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test for admission to MBBS/BDS Courses in the session 2017-18 on Sunday, the 07th May, 2017.
Admissions to all seats of MBBS/BDS courses will be done through NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY CUM ENTRANCE TEST (UG), 2017.
The seats are classified in the following categories:-
- All India Quota Seats
- State Government Quota Seats
- State/Private/Management/NRI Quota Seats in all Private Medical / Dental Colleges or any Private/ Deemed University
- Central Pool Quota Seats
PATTERN OF NEET
- Pattern of the Entrance Test:The Entrance Test shall consist of one paper containing 180 objective type questions (four options with single correct answer) from Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Botany & Zoology) to be answered on the specially designed machine-gradable sheet using Ball Point Pen provided by CBSE at examination centre only.
- There are 45 questions each from Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology. Marks per right answer is 4 and marks per incorrect answer is -1.
- The duration of test would be 3 hours.
- Language of the Question Papers:- (i) Candidates can opt for Question Paper in either of the following languages (As per letter nos. V.11025/35/2012-MEP(Pt.) dated 08.12.2016 & 16.01.2017 received from MoH&FW)
HINDI, ENGLISH, GUJARATI, MARATHI, ORIYA, BENGALI, ASSAMESE,TELUGU, TAMIL & KANNADA
ELIGIBILITY TO APPEAR IN NEET-UG
- He/she has completed age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete the age on or before 31st December of the year of his/her admission to the 1styear MBBS/BDS Course.
- The upper age limit for NEET is 25 years as on the date of examination with relaxation of 5 years for candidates belonging to OBC/SC/ST category. (As per letter no. U.12023/16/2010- ME-II dated 17.01.2017 received from MoH&FW) The Age criteria for appearing in NEET (UG), 2017 is as follows:
- For Candidates of Unreserved Category (UR) born on or between 08.05.1992 and 01.01.2001
- For Candidates of SC/ST/OBC Category born on or between 08.05.1987 and 01.01.2001
- The number of attempts which a candidate can avail at NEET-UG examination shall be limited to 3 (three) uniformly to all the candidates. The candidates who have already appeared in AIPMT/NEET on three occasions are not allowed to take this examination. The candidates will be required to give an undertaking in this regard and submitting false undertaking may result in cancellation of the candidature and action in accordance with norms for handling UFM cases. (As per letter no. U.12023/16/2010- ME-II dated 17.01.2017 received from MoH&FW)
- The previous attempts in AIPMT/NEET will be counted against these 3 permissible attempts. The candidates who have already exhausted their allowed 3 attempts are not eligible to apply for NEET (UG), 2017.
- Indian Nationals, Non Resident Indians (NRIs), Oversees Citizen of India (OCIs), Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs) & Foreign Nationals are eligible to appear in NEET (UG)-2017. (As per letter no. U.12023/16/2010- ME-II dated 13.01.2016 received from MoH&FW)
Eligibility for seats under the control of States/Universities/Institutions/ AFMC/Central pool Quota
- Indian Nationals, Non Resident Indians (NRIs), Oversees Citizen of India (OCIs), Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs) & Foreign Nationals are eligible for admission in Medical/Dental Colleges subject to rules and regulations framed by the respective State Governments, Institution and the Government of India.
- Foreign nationals may confirm their eligibility from the concerned Medical/Dentals college/state. 3
Eligibility for 15% All India Quota Seats
- Indian Nationals, Non Resident Indians (NRIs), Oversees Citizen of India (OCIs), Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs) & Foreign Nationals are eligible for 15% All India Quota Seats.
- Candidates from Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and J & K
- Students from the States of Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and J & K are NOT ELIGIBLE for 15% all India quota seats as these States had opted out of All India Scheme since its inception. If they claim eligibility, they must submit online Self Declaration which will be generated and printed automatically along with confirmation page for the record and to present during counselling.
- The online Self Declaration of the candidates will be verified at the time of counselling and if found to be false at any time, the candidature/admission of such candidates shall be cancelled and criminal proceedings may be initiated against them.
- Candidates from the States of Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and J & K can appear in NEET (UG) for admission to Private Medical/Dental Colleges or any Private/Deemed University and Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Pune subject to the fulfilment of eligibility conditions.
RESERVATION OF SEATS IN GOVERNMENT MEDICAL COLLEGES UNDER 15% ALL INDIA QUOTA
- 15% seats are reserved for SC candidates
- 7.5% seats are reserved for ST candidates
- 27% seats as per Central Act are reserved for non-creamy layer OBC candidates only in Central Educational Institutions. Reservation would be applicable to the castes mentioned in the Central list of OBC. Thus, the candidates falling in this list may mention OBC-NCL in the Category Column in application form. Candidates from creamy layer and those who do not come under Central List of OBC are advised to mention their category as Unreserved (UR).
- Differently abled candidates as per MCI guidelines are: PH-1: Candidates with locomotor disability of lower limbs from 50% to 70% PH-2: Candidates with locomotor disability of lower limbs from 40% to less than 50% 3% seats are reserved on horizontal basis for Physically Handicapped candidates (only for locomotor disabilities of lower limbs between 50% to 70%, provided that in case any seat in this 3% quota remains unfilled on account of unavailability of candidates with locomotor disability of lower limbs between 50% to 70% then any such unfilled seat in this 3% quota shall be filled up by persons with locomotor disability of lower limbs between 40% to 50% before they are included in the seats of respective category, as per Certificate of Locomotor Disability) in 15% All India UG quota seat. Detailed information in this regard is available on the website of Medical Counselling Committee – www.mcc.nic.in and on website of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare – www.mohfw.nic.in Candidates who considered themselves eligible for this category are advised to ensure their eligibility by getting themselves examined at any Government Medical College/District Hospital/Government Hospital. However, candidates may kindly note that in case of selection under PH category, they will be required to produce Disability Certificate from one of the disability assessment boards, constituted at the four metro cities, mentioned below, before their scheduled date of counselling:
- Vardhman Mahavir Medical College and Safdarjung Hospital, Ansari Nagar, Ring Road, New Delhi-110029 (Tel No.011-26190763 & 26163072)
- All India Institute of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Hazi Ali Park, K. Khadya Marg, Mahalaxmi, Mumbai-400034 (Tel No.022-23544341)
- Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education & Research, 244, Acharya J.C. Bose Marg, Kolkata-20 (Tel No.033-22235181)
- Madras Medical College, Park Town, Chennai-600003 (Tel No.044-25305301)
- The official website of the Board for NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY CUM ENTRANCE TEST is www.cbseneet.nic.in. All the test related information will be available on this website.
- The official websites for counselling related information under 15% All India seats are:
- For remaining seats, kindly check the website of concerned State(s)/Institution(s).
Candidates can also download above information in PDF here: