Reserve Bank of India conducts RBI Grade B exam every year to select and pluck out the candidates eligible for the post of grade B officers to be placed in its various branches situated across the country. RBI attracts thousands of applicants to take up the exam because of the reputation it has created nation-wide. The exam requires effective preparation because not all out of the thousands of applicants are able to make their way through the prelims.
The candidates have to undergo a competitive exam which is held all across the country to select some qualifying grade B officers by the Reserve Bank of India. The selection is made on the basis of qualification through these three phases-
- Preliminary exam
- Mains Exam
RBI Grade B 2018 Notification:
The online application for recruitment of RBI Grade B officers was released on 3rd July, 2018 tentatively as of now and the last date for the application would be 23rd July, 2018. While the exam for RBI grade B prelims is scheduled to be on 16th August, 2018 and Mains is scheduled on 7th September, 2018 which would be then followed by an interview.
RBI Grade B 2018 Eligibility Criteria:
|Candidates are required to follow the given criteria to be eligible for RBI Grade B 2018 Exam:
1. Must be a citizen of India
2. Must be a subject of Nepal
3. Must be a subject of Bhutan
4. A person of Indian origin migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Uganda, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India
5. Must be a Tibetan Refugee who came to India before 1st January 1962 who has the intention of settling permanently in India.
21-30 years (both age included)
|1. SC/ST (5 years Relaxation)
2. Physically handicapped(10 years)
3. OBC (3years)
4. PH+SC/ST (15 years)
5. PH + OBC (13 years)
|Educational Qualification||1. Any graduate from a recognized university with minimum 60% marks, while of reserved category(50% marks)
2. Candidates with Doctorate degree may also apply with an aggregate of minimum 50% marks.
3. Candidates with any masters’ degree are also eligible for applying with an aggregate of minimum 55%marks.
4. CA/CS or Cost accountant may also apply.
RBI Grade B Exam Pattern:
- Exam Pattern for Prelims:
|Serial Number||Section||Questions||Max. Marks||Time Duration|
- Exam Pattern for Mains:
|Serial Number||Section||Paper||Max. Marks||Duration|
|1.||Economics &Social Issue||Objective||100||90 mins|
|2.||English (Writing Skills)||Objective||100||90 mins|
|3.||Finance & Management||Descriptive||100||90 mins|
*The candidates who will qualify both phase I &II will move towards the interview process which contains 50 marks.*
RBI Grade B 2018 Syllabus:
The syllabus for RBI grade B officer is much similar to that of all other banking examinations. Prelims exam consists of four sections; Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, English language and General Awareness. Also, there is an additional section for English writing skills to test the writing abilities of the candidates.
“Organize your study space and get ready on your marks to rock your preparation.”