This year, Indian Railways will recruit 62, 907 Group D employees for various posts to serve all across India in Level – 1 of 7th CPC Pay Matrix. You must be aware of this mega recruitment drive. In this article, we will discuss about Railway Recruitment Board Group D key roles and responsibilities that every appearing aspirants should know.
RRB Group D: Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Pointsman :
- To handle switches or railroad points.
- To control lever to direct the train to the required tracks.
- To help railway passengers at station.
- To handle loading and unloading of passenger’s luggage.
- To open and close the gates at railway crossing.
- Hospital Attendant
- Mostly indoor, related to medical services in the facility.
- To maintain the general cleanliness level within the assigned unit/section.
- Helper (Electrical, Mechanical, S&T)
- In S&T department, you will be in charge of maintaining the signal.
- In Electrical department you will be in charge of various electrical equipments.
- The work depends on the department you get posted in.
- Work under Group C employees/supervisors of the concerned department. (For.eg. Clerks, Assistant Station Master, Commercial Apprentice, Loco Pilots, Assistant Loco Pilots, Guards, Booking Clerks, Train Ticket Examiners, Chief Ticket Examiners , Senior Section Engineers, Junior Engineers and Technicians etc).
RRB Group D 2018: Future Prospects
- Get promotion to their respective Group C category/supervisor position based on their performance.
- Group D staff who complete 3 years of regular service will be considered promotion if they apply.(minimum service condition is not applicable for SC/ST)
- One can appear for recruitment tests, there are quotas available for already working Group d employees to be hired for group C.