The selection process for SBI PO Exam 2018 consists of three stages viz. Preliminary Exam, Mains Exam, and the Interview. The candidates who secure the qualifying marks in the Preliminary Exam get shortlisted for the Mains Exam; the same goes with the Mains Exam i.e. the candidates who secure the qualifying marks in the Mains Exam get shortlisted for the Group Exercise and Interview.
SBI PO Recruitment Process Important Points:
- In order to ensure a secure and error-free selection, the bank will digitally capture the thumb impression of the candidates before they appear for the exam. This is done to verify the authenticity of the candidates.
- SBI has fixed the maximum number of attempts to appear in the exam for each category as follows:
Number of Attempts
|SC/SC (PWD)/ST/ST (PWD)||No Restriction|
Those candidates who have used up all their attempts are not eligible to appear in the exam. It should be noted that taking the Preliminary exam is not considered an attempt; only appearing in the Mains exam is taken into consideration. In the years in which only one written examination has been held (i.e. no Preliminary Examination has been held), appearing in this examination will be counted as a chance.
SBI PO 2018 Syllabus
SBI PO Syllabus
|1.||English Language||Reading comprehension, Cloze test, Double fillers/ sentence/ multiple sentence fillers, Sentence correction/ improvement, Vocabulary based questions, Odd one out cum Para-Jumbles, Paragraph Based Questions (Paragraph 1, 2, 3…, Paragraph Fillers, Paragraph Conclusion, Paragraph /Sentences Restatement).|
|2.||Reasoning and Computer Aptitude||Puzzles & Seating Arrangements, Direction Sense, Blood-relation, Syllogism, Order and Ranking, Coding-Decoding, Machine Input-Output, Inequalities, Alpha-Numeric-Symbol, Series, Data Sufficiency, Logical Reasoning (Passage Inference, Statement & Assumption, Conclusion & Argument)History and Generation of Computers, Introduction to Computer Organization, Computer Memory, Computer Hardware and I/O Devices, Computer Software, Computer Languages, Operating System, Computer Network, Internet, MS Office Suit and Short cut keys, Basics of DBMS, Number System and Conversions, Computer and Network Security.|
|3.||Quantitative Aptitude||Data Interpretation (Bar Graph, Line Chart, Tabular, Caselet, Radar/Web, Pie Chart), Inequalities (Quadratic Equations, Quantity 1, Quantity 2), Number Series, Approximation and Simplification, Data Sufficiency, Miscellaneous Arithmetic Problems (HCF and LCM, Profit and Loss, SI & CI, Problem on Ages, Work and Time, Speed Distance and Time, Probability, Mensuration, Permutation and Combination, Average, Ratio and Proportion, Partnership, Problems on Boats and Stream, Problems on Trains, Mixture and Allegation, Pipes and Cisterns).|
|4.||General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness||Banking and Insurance Awareness, Financial Awareness, Govt. Schemes and Policies, Current Affairs, Static Awareness.|
FREE SBI PO Study Materials
|S No.||SBI PO Study Materials||Download|
|2||Introduction to General Banking Economy Awareness|
Jobs and Responsibilities of SBI PO
After being selected as a PO, one is referred to as Assistant Manager and he completes two years probation/training period wherein he learns each and everything necessary to know in order to handle the entire branch. A PO is expected to have excellent communication skills and the ability to resolve any dispute in a calm manner. Below are the responsibilities of a Bank PO in brief:
- During the probation period of two years, one is asked to perform all sort of banking activities so that he gets acquainted with various working procedures of the bank. The work varies from that of a clerk to assistants.
- A PO, in his probation, the officer gets training to get the practical knowledge in Accounting, Finance, Billings, Marketing, and Investments etc.
- After completing the probation period successfully, one is appointed as an Assistant Manager in any of the bank’s branches. Primarily, he deals with daily customer transactions like cash management, passing a cheque and draft insurance, handling the complaints of the customers and address various customer related issues etc.
- He works toward increasing the business of the bank viz. loan & mortgage, cash flow management, and finances etc.
- After getting acclimatized to the working environment of the bank and gaining the required experience one is given more responsible and accountable work like Budgeting, Planning, Marketing and Loan processing & approval etc.
- An Assistant Manager supervises the work of clerks and other subordinates.
- He issues Cheque Books, ATM Cards and Demand Drafts (DDs) etc.
- He is expected to know all the latest developments of the bank, the circulars issued by the bank management as well as by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI).
SBI Probationary Officer Career Growth
A bank PO has a promising career ahead. On the basis of his skills and performances, he can climb the ladder of success and attains high-level banking designations. Below is a diagram which shows the career growth of an assistant manager.