The State Bank Of India which is the largest public sector bank conducts the PO exam every year to recruit the best of people among millions of aspirants. SBI PO is the most sought-after lucrative career option among the youths of our country. In this exam, a candidate has to pass three stages to become a Probationary Officer and serve in the most prestigious bank of India.
State Bank of India has released the official notification for the recruitment of Probationary Officers 2018. Go to [SBI PO 2018] for the SBI PO Notification 2018. Candidates can apply online for SBI PO 2018 from 21st April 2018. The online application will end on 13th May 2018. The process of filling out the application form is same as that of the other Bank Exams.
There are numerous reasons to go for SBI PO. Few reasons why SBI PO is preferred the most are:
- Reputation and brand value of SBI is the highest among all other banks in the business.
- Highest pay scale among all PSU Banks.
- A lot of perks, unlike other banks.
- Social status and job satisfaction
- Great growth opportunity i.e. even a PO can become the chairperson. The best example is Mrs. Arundhati Bhattacharya (first women chairman of SBI) who joined the bank as a PO and retired as the chairman.
This article will give you complete information like SBI PO Vacancy, Important Dates and Eligibility Criteria Required for probationary officer exam.
SBI PO Vacancies 2018
The total number of vacancies released by SBI is 2000 which are as follows:
*Vacancies reserved for OBC category are available to OBC Candidates belonging to ‘Non-creamy layer’. ‘Creamy layer’ OBC candidates come under the ‘General’ category.
SBI PO 2018 Important Dates
SBI PO Official Notification 2018 has been released and following are the tentative schedule of events:
|On-line registration including Editing/ Modification of Application by candidates||21.04.2018 to 13.05.2018|
|Payment of Application Fees/Intimation Charges||21.04.2018 to 13.05.2018|
|Download of call letters for online Preliminary Examination||18.06.2018 onwards|
|Online Examination – Preliminary||1st, 7th & 8th of July 2018|
|Result of Online exam – Preliminary||15.07.2018|
|Download of Call letter for Online Main Exam||20.07.2018|
|Conduct of Online Examination – Main||04.08.2018|
|Declaration of Result – Main||20.08.2018|
|Download Call Letter for Interview||01.09.2018|
|Conduct of Group Exercises & Interview||24.09.2018 to 12.10.2018|
|Declaration of Final Result||01.11.2018|
|Pre- Examination Training for SC/ST/Religious Minority Community candidates|
|Download of Call letters for Pre-Exam Training||28.05.2018 onwards|
|Conduct of Pre-Exam Training||18.06.2018 to 23.06.2018|
SBI PO Eligibility Criteria 2018 :
- The candidate must be 21 Years to 30 Years as on 01.04.2018 i.e. candidates must have been born between 02.04.1988 and 01.04.1997 (both dates inclusive)
- The candidate must be a graduate in any discipline from a recognized University or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central Government. Those who are in the Final year/Semester of their Graduation may also apply provisionally subject to the condition that, if called for the interview, they must produce proof of having passed the graduation examination on or before 31.08.2018. Candidates with Integrated Dual Degree (IDD) certificate must ensure that the date of passing the IDD is on or before 31.08.2018. Candidates with Chartered Accountant certification may also apply.
SBI PO Application Fee
Following are the Application Fee and Intimation Charges which are non-refundable:
Total (In Rupees)
|SC/ST/PWD||Rs.100/- (Intimation Charges only)|
|General, OBC||Rs.600/- (App. Fee including intimation charges)|
Hope this article has shared some useful information related to SBI PO Exam. Our next article will brief you about the online procedure to apply for the SBI PO Exam.