SSC CGL Tier-I 2018 is announced to be held in the month of July and August i.e. from 25th July 2018 to 20th August 2018. It’s time to get set for the final preparation as the exam dates are approaching.
Aspirants are left with a period of less than a month to prepare for the most awaited banking exams. If you are still on your bed wondering when to start, then this is the moment to take a deep breath and have a look at this quick study plan. Even if you have not done a single topic, you can resort to this study plan and invest the rest of your days in a productive preparation strategy.
Applicants should keep in mind the basic structure of the exam:
- The examination time is limited to just 60 minutes.
- There will be a particular section to test the general knowledge of the applicants.
- Candidates must go for a detailed view of SSC CGL exam pattern and syllabus before starting with the preparations.
Also, take out 1 hour per day to study for each section separately.
The four different sections are:
- General Intelligence and Reasoning (50 marks)
- Quantitative Aptitude(50 marks)
- General Awareness(50 marks)
- English Language(50 marks)
Each section would be carrying 25 questions.
With the help of the above exam pattern, the daily tasks and topics are sorted to be covered subject wise:
SSC CGL Preparation tips for General Awareness:
- Start with the history (ancient and modern history) section as you’ll find it to be the most tedious if you’ll leave it for the end.
- Prioritize Polity (Rights and powers of supreme court, High court, Indian Constitution), Economics (GDP, NNP, NDP, National Income, current government policies, GST etc.) and Geography (Solar system, Volcanoes, Deserts, Soils) after that.
- Move on to the basics of Physics, Chemistry and Biology then.
SSC CGL Preparation tips for English:
- Start with the basics of grammar (Verbs, nouns, prepositions, Adjectives, Tenses, Articles and conjunctions) thoroughly. Note down the rules and revise them on a daily basis.
- Move on to the practice of Phrases, Idioms, One-word substitutions and Spellings.
- Try to solve at least 3 comprehension passages daily to improve your speed in this area.
- Keep your vocabulary strong.
SSC CGL Preparation tips for Reasoning:
- Practice classification, Analogy, Puzzle and coding- decoding thoroughly as they carry more weightage. You may expect at least 3 questions each from the following topics.
- Move on to alphabet series and Number series.
- Solve questions regarding blood relations, Logic and dictionary order, seating Arrangement, puzzles, Venn diagrams and matrix).
SSC CGL Preparation tips for Quantitative Aptitude:
- Trigonometry and Geometry is going to trouble you in the end. So start and finish them thoroughly and store the basics in your mind.
- Then, go for Algebra, Mensuration, simplification and percentage.
- The basic questions in the area of Number system and number series would be asked. So, practice some basic questions from these topics.
*Remember to fetch time for daily revision as the concepts would slip out of your head if they are not brushed up regularly.*
Some complimentary tips to score well in the exam
- Practice vocabulary and revise the grammar rules thoroughly.
- Revise the basic tricks and techniques to solve the quantitative aptitude part.
- Keep a track of your speed while solving the mock-test papers.
“There’s nothing you can’t accomplish. Get set on your marks;
Put up your practice to another level and let your efforts get doubled.”
All the best Aspirants!!