NDA exam is the most prominent examinations among students to join the Indian Defence Force, which is regulated by the UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) and is the gateway to step into the Indian Army, Air Force and the Navy. This exam is a national level exam conducted twice in a year and the aspirants are needed to prepare well for the exam subjects-mathematics and general ability test. The minimum requirement for the exam is that the candidate must be an unmarried male and should have passed standard 12th.
Starting at such an early age, many students remain unaware of the proper way to begin the preparation and so it is a prerequisite to be aware of the exam pattern and updated syllabus. The General Ability paper consist of 150 questions of 600 marks and the Maths paper contains 120 questions of 300 marks and the time duration of the exam is 2.30 hours. So, let’s begin with how to start step-by-step preparation for this exam.
- Starting this preparation as early as possible, just after class X; is the best thing to do and today must be the best day for you to begin with without waiting for anything else, if you intend to step into the prestigious services of the Indian Defence Force. This will give you an edge over other aspirants.
- The first and foremost step to begin with is to look for the study material and integrate them at one place. Look for good NDA preparation books by authentic writers and check the complete syllabus to get a better insight about the most relevant topics with exam point of view.
- Understand the syllabus thoroughly. Take a day or two to just go through it one by one and then make a firm routine to cover all the subjects.
- Focus on English and try to improve it by reading a newspaper every day. A regular habit will brush up your language and comprehension skills. Also practice Grammar and watch English news on TV.
- Keep your basics clear and also keep aware of the latest events through newspapers, magazines, journals and easy to learn and understand general knowledge books.
- A reading habit inculcated through everyday routine will boost up your preparation and choosing the best NDA books that amalgamate GK, Maths and English will enhance your overall knowledge.
- Solve previous year question papers as it will guide you through the right direction of your preparation. It will also enhance your speed and will lead you to solve the paper effectively within the time limit.
- A schedule for every subject must be made. After mastering a specific topic, solve questions from good NDA exam books.
- Enhance your skill with NDA online practice paper and mock tests. Read online books for NDA preparation.
- Begin with your weak portions and try to master them first.
- As the exam also contains negative marking, so make a good practice of solving previous year questions and avoid the habit of guessing answers and going by the gut feeling.
- To better understand the theme of the exam, get in touch with essential NDA preparation books written by prominent authors.
- Master your stronger areas in Mathematics and English.
- Give some time to understand your weak areas as well.
- As your personality and health also form a major part of your selection in this exam, so you are required to stay fit and healthy. So, focus on a sufficient intake of healthy balanced diet and ample amount of water. Indulge in a daily regime of yoga, sports or exercise as per your liking to get relief from stress.
- Lastly, start thinking and behaving like an officer and rest will follow suit!