Staff Selection Commission has conducted the SSC CHSL EXAM
Staff Selection Commission has conducted the SSC CHSL exam every year for the recruitment to various posts under the Government of India. Staff Selection Commission Combined Higher Secondary Level exam, a major exam for only 12th pass as the minimum educational qualification. Candidates can apply to get a job in the prestigious government jobs for posts such as Data Entry Operator (DEO),
Lower Divisional Clerk (LDC), Court Clerk, Postal Assistant, and Sorting Assistant etc.
The SSC CHSL Selection Process will require you to pass through 3 Tiers in order to be eligible to get appointed in the SSC CHSL exam. The selection process has been briefly mentioned in the table given below:
- Tier – I: Objective Computer-Based Test
- Tier – II: Descriptive Paper in English/Hindi (Pen and Paper mode)
- Tier – III: Skill Test/Typing Test Wherever Applicable
- SSC CHSL Tier-I Exam Pattern:
- Selection Commission (SSC) conducted online comprising of 4 sections with about a 100 questions in total and with maximum marks of 200. The entire exam is needed to be completed in a time span of 60 minutes. There is a negative marking of 0.50 Marks for each wrong answer. Therefore, it has become imperative for aspirants to perform well in four sections to clear the exam.
Details are below:
S.NO. Name of the test No. of questions Maximum Marks Time allotted 1 General Intelligence and Reasoning 25 50
2 Quantitative Aptitude 25 50 3 English Comprehension 25 50 4 General Awareness 25 50 Total 100 200
SSC CHSL Tier-II (Descriptive Paper) Exam Pattern:
SSC CHSL Tier-II Paper will be a descriptive Paper of 100 Marks in “Pen and Paper‟ Mode. The duration of the Descriptive Paper will be for one hour. The Paper would comprise writing of an Essay of 200-250 words and a Letter/Application of approximately 150-200 words. The minimum qualifying marks in Tier-II would be 33 per cent.
SSC CHSL Tier 3 (Skill Test/ Typing Test):
SSC CHSL Tier 3 Exam comprises of a couple of skill tests which are required for certain government posts.
Skill Test for Data Entry Operator (DEO):
- Data Entry Speed of 8,000 (eight thousand) Key Depressions per hour on Computer.
- The duration of the Test will be 15 minutes.
Typing Tests for LDC/ JSA and Postal Assistant/ Sorting Assistant:
- Typing Test will be conducted in English or Hindi and candidates while applying for the Examination, will have to indicate his/her choice/option for Skill Test Medium in the Application Form.
- Typing Test will be of qualifying in nature.
- Candidates opting for English medium should have typing speed of 35 words per minute.
- Candidates opting for Hindi medium should have typing speed of 30 words per minute.
- The speed will be adjudged on the accuracy of typing on the Computer of a given text passage in 10 minutes.
Note: After skill test or typing test, those candidates who qualify it, will be appointed based on their position in the merit list.