How to Prepare for UPSC EPFO Exam
What is UPSC EPFO exam?
The UPSC EFO (Employee’s Provident Fund Organisation) exam is highly competitive exam conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) for the recruitment to the post of Enforcement Officer/Accounts Officer in EPFO. The exam consists of two stages: a written exam and final interview.
UPSC EPFO 2023: Eligibility
- The candidate must have a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university.
- The candidate must be under the age of 30 years.
The first step to starting your preparation is analysing the exam Syllabus and Pattern. Here is an overview of the updated syllabus and exam pattern for EPFO 2023:
UPSC EPFO 2023: Revised Exam Syllabus and Pattern
- General English
- Indian Freedom Struggle
- Labour Laws and Industrial Relations
- Indian Polity and Economy
- General Accounting Principles
- General Mental Ability
Each question carries equal marks with a total of 300 marks for the exam. The time allotted for exam is 2 hours (120 minutes). There is a negative marking of one-third of the marks assigned to each question.
UPSC EPFO 2023: Preparation strategy
Getting the right study guidance: It is important to build your foundation with the right study material and proper guidance. UPSC EPFO by Aman Sharma is one such book.
Aman Sharma is a top educator for UPSC CSE with more than 6 Years of experience in guiding Lakhs of Civil Services Aspirants. He holds degrees of B.Tech (EC), M.A (Sociology) & M.A (Public Administration). He is the founder of STUDY IAS and working as core faculty of Current Affairs and Science & Technology for UPSC CSE at Unacademy. He is also the core faculty for UPSC EPFO at Unacademy. He is known for the 4 Level Current Affairs model from which 60% of Prelims and 50% of Mains questions can be targeted.
The first step is to study and analyse the past year question papers in order to understand the syllabus and difficulty level of the exam. The UPSC EPFO complete guide of books by Disha Publications cover all your preparation needs as they come equipped with detailed notes, over 500+ MCQs and detailed solutions by experts.
Solve practice papers: Super ten mock tests by Disha Publications tests your preparation with 10 mock paper curated by experts in the industry. It comes with detailed solutions to provide that extra push t your preparation.
Stay updated with current affairs: Current Affairs can give you that extra edge over others and aid you in cracking the UPSC EPFO exam. Regularly add to your knowledge by reading newspapers and magazines. An alternative to the laborious task of reading newspapers and making your own notes everyday is the Current Affairs books by Disha Publications. These books and thoroughly revised and updated and cover 80 topics in General knowledge and Current Affairs.
Revising the right way: As the exam day comes closer, aspirants often stress and lose precious preparation time. Accounting Principles by Aman Sharma come with numerous Mind Maps, Tables and Info-graphics to make revision faster and easier so you can devote your energy fully to your preparation.
The best preparation books for UPSC EPFO 2023:
- General Studies section with special focus on General Accounting Principles, Industrial Relations & Labour Laws, Insurance and Social Security in India.
- Provides well-illustrated and complete theory with exhaustive fully solved examples for easy understanding.
- Followed by an exhaustive collection of solved questions in the form of Exercises.
- Include Solved Past year papers.
- Numerous Mind Maps, Tables and Info-graphics to make revision faster and easier.
- Exam Hindi Edition Guide covers all the 4 sections as per the latest syllabus – General English, Quantitative Aptitude, General Studies and General Mental Ability.
- The book also provides the 2021 Solved Paper.
- The book provides well illustrated theory with exhaustive fully solved examples for learning.
- 10 Practice Sets as per the latest pattern of the EPFO exam conducted by UPSC.
- Contains the 2017 Solved Paper