NEET 2023: More balanced than last year
Post Exam Analysis by top UPSC expert & author Dr. Hariom Gangwar
National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test, NEET (UG) – 2023 was conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) on Sunday, May 7 2023, in pen and paper mode in 13 languages, as a common and uniform National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test for admission to undergraduate medical education in all medical institutions. NEET 2023 was conducted to fill
- 91,927 MBBS seats
- 27,698 BDS seats
- 50,720 AYUSH seats
- 525 B.VSc & AH seats
Over 20 lakh aspirants participated in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test 2023.
NEET 2023 Key Points
- The general view by experts and test takers regarding the difficulty level was moderate; overall Chemistry was the most difficult of all subjects, while physics and Biology were comparatively easy.
- Inorganic and Organic Chemistry had more weightage compared to physical chemistry.
- In Botany most questions were lengthy and time-consuming.
- Most questions were from NCERT.
- Physics section contains around 78 per cent of numerical questions. All questions were asked from NCERT. Physics Section B was complicated due to tricky questions.
Biology: in 2022, the difficulty level was medium to high, while in 2023, the level was easy to medium
Physics: the level of difficulty was moderate (with less number of difficult questions)
Chemistry: the level of difficulty was moderate (with less number of difficult questions)
Last year, Biology section was quite tough while Physics was comparatively easy. But for 2023, the paper turned out to be quite balanced in the sense that all sections were as par with each other in terms of the level of difficulty, which was medium.
NEET 2023 (Expected) Cut off
The cut off for 2023 should stay the same as it was for 2022; since the number of candidates who participated in NEET 2023 increased compared to the last year, we can expect a change of 2 to 3 marks in the 2023 cut-off. So, the cut-off can be set a little higher than last year.
Should we expect a higher cut-off?
Some Questions in biology section were quite easy compared to last year; also, the paper wasn’t as lengthy as it was last year. These two things will be contributing factors in deciding NEET 2023 cut-off.
The minimum mark that a candidate requires to qualify will be the NEET cut-off score. Based on the initial reactions of the candidates, it can be expected that the NEET cutoff can be higher this year.
Category Wise NEET Percentile (Expected)
NEET Cut off 2022 was lower as compared to last year
NEET 2023 cutoff
NEET Cut Off Percentile
NEET Cut Off Score
General Category/Unreserved (UR) Category
Watch full Post-exam Analysis by Dr. Hariom Gangwar
In this video, top UPSC expert & author Dr. Hariom Gangwar will provide the post-exam analysis of the recently conducted examination & this doesn’t end here, watch the video till the end for a surprise:
- The comparison between NEET exam 2022 & 2023
- The exam difficulty level of NEET 2023
- NEET 2023 exam pattern
- A separate analysis of each subject- Physics, Chemistry & Biology
- Expected cut-off for 2023 for All India & State quota.
- Exam tips for NEET 2024
- Complete video solutions of NEET 2023 coming soon…