Your roadmap to crack BITSAT 2023: Everything you need to know
BITSAT (Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test) is the entrance exam conducted by Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani for admission to the three campuses of BITS, located at Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad. This exam offers admission into various programs such as BE, B Pharm and MSc programmes.
BITSAT 2023 at a glance
The important information pertaining to the exam is given in the following table.
Mode of exam
Twice a year
Total no. of questions
Type of Questions
1 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer
Students appearing for the Class 12 examination in 2023 or have passed in 2020. Students who have passed their Class 12 examination in 2019 or earlier are NOT eligible to appear in BITSAT 2023.
BITSAT 2023: Important Dates
Every year around 3 lakh candidates apply for the BITSAT exam, of which around 2000 are selected for admissions. The important dates pertaining to the BITSAT exam for 2023 are given in the following table.
27 Apr ’23 – 8 May ’23
BITSAT 2023 Slot Booking – Session I
10 May ’23
BITSAT 2023 admit card – Session I
22 May ’23 – 26 May ’23
BITSAT 2023 Exam Date – Session I
23 May ’23 – 12 Jun ’23
BITSAT 2023 application form – Session II Only
2 Jun ’23 – 23 Jun ’23
BITSAT 2023 Apply for admission with 12th Marks and Preferences of Programmes
9 Jun ’23 – 12 Jun ’23
BITSAT 2023 Revision/editing (online) in the application form – Session II
14 Jun ’23 – 15 Jun ’23
BITSAT 2023 Slot Booking – Session II
16 Jun ’23
BITSAT 2023 admit card – Session II
18 Jun ’23 – 22 Jun ’23
BITSAT 2023 Exam Date – Session II
24 Jun ’23 – 26 Jun ’23
BITSAT 2023 Editing of Marks/Preferences in Application form
1 Jul ’23
BITSAT 2023 Admit list and Waitlist announcement after Iteration I
BITSAT 2023: Syllabus
A quick overview of the BITSAT 2023 syllabus is provided below.
BITSAT syllabus 2023 is similar to that of the class 11 & 12 NCERT syllabus. Questions in the exam will be based on various concepts of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Mathematics, Logical Reasoning, and English Proficiency. Some of the topics under all subjects will be as:
- Physics: Topics under Physics will be units & measurement, rotational motion, mechanics of solids, Heat & thermodynamics, rotational motion, etc.
- Chemistry: Various topics will be atomic structure, states of matter, physical & chemical equilibrium, s & p-block elements, principles of organic chemistry, hydrocarbons, and much more.
- Mathematics: Some of the topics will be algebra, trigonometry, three-dimensional geometry, differential calculus, linear programming, etc.
- English Proficiency: Vocabulary, Grammar, Reading Comprehension, Analogy, and Composition.
- Logical Reasoning: Verbal reasoning- Analogy, Classification, a reading passage, and many others. Non-verbal reasoning- Figure Matrix, paper cutting, rule detection, and many other topics.
BITSAT 2023: Preparation Strategy
Preparing for your BITSAT exam can be tricky as it is closer to the Board Exams and students often get overwhelmed. To avoid stress and wasting your time, you must have a strategy in place.
- Analyze previous year questions: The first step in your preparation should be going through the Previous Year question Papers. It helps you to understand what topics require more attention, and you can plan your preparation accordingly.
- Choosing the right study material: With three different categories it might be a bit tricky to choose the right study material. You must compliment your preparation from NCERTs with guide booksthat provide you comprehensive notes for easy revision and material which is targeted at cracking BITSAT.
- Practicing Mock tests: Thefinal step in your preparation is practicing mock tests. You should set a timer and practice mock tests that will test your preparation and give you a check on how well you can perform in the given time.
- Staying calm on the day of exam: It is important to keep your nerves under control on the day of exam. Avoid cramming the night before exam and get an 8 hour sleep. Double check all your necessities like admit card and reach the exam centre before time.