This FREE unique e-book prepared by Disha Experts is a must-have for every CAPF AC Exam Aspirant. It contains the following:
- Pattern & Syllabus
- Analysis of 2022 Previous Year Solved Papers
- Current Affairs Refresher
- Current Affairs MCQs
- Paper 2 Essays Topics
The CAPF exam is conducted by the UPSC (Union Public Service Commission). The UPSC CAPF (AC) Recruitment 2023 Application period started from April 26, 2023, and is to end on May 16, 2023. The Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF) refers to the seven security forces in India under the authority of the Ministry of Home Affairs.
- The security forces under the CAPF are the Assam Rifles (AR), Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), Border Security Force (BSF), Central Industrial Security Force (CISF), National Security Guard (NSG), Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP), and Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB).
- This year there are 322 total vacancies are released for Assistant Commandants (ACs) Posts in the Central Armed Police Forces.
The vacancies according to the security forces are given in the following table.
Border Security Force (BSF)
Central Reserve Police Force
Central Industrial Security Force (CISF)
Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP)
Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB)
CAPF AC 2023 Exam: Main Highlights
Name of the exam
Central Armed Police Force Assistant Commandant Exam (UPSC CAPF AC Exam)
Union Public Service Commission
Paper-I based on General Ability and Intelligence (Objective)
Paper-II based on General Studies, Essay and Comprehension (descriptive)
Only for Paper-I of first-round; (0.33) marks deducts for each wrong answer
Physical Ability Test
CAPF AC 2023: Are you eligible to apply?
The candidate must be a citizen of India.
- Those who belong to the nationality of Bhutan and Nepal are also deemed eligible for Union Public Service Commission Central Armed Police Force exam.
- Candidates not meeting the above criterion can apply for the CAPF exam is they have given the consent of the Central Government in writing.
Both male and female are eligible to take UPSC CAPF Assistant Commandant Exam provide they fulfil the conditions given in medical standards.
The applicants must be in the range of age 20 to 25 year old.
- Candidate belonging to SC/ST category: up to 5 years is relaxed
- Candidate belonging to OBC category: maximum of 3 years is relaxed
- Ex-Servicemen and Civilian Central Government Servants: up to 5 years is relaxed
- Candidates who are ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir: maximum of 5 years of age limit relaxation
As per the CAPF 2023 eligibility criteria, candidates must hold a Bachelor’s degree.
- Those candidates who have appeared in the qualifying examination and are awaiting their results can also apply for the CAPF exam however before the final selection they will have to produce their passing certificates.
Physical and medical standards:
The medical standard for Height is given in the following table:
81 cm (with 5 cm minimum expansion)
The medical standard for eyesight are given in the following table
Better Eye (Corrected Vision)
Worse Eye (Corrected Vision)
Limits of Refractive errors permitted
-4.00 D (including cylinder) Myopia +4.00 D (including cylinder) Hypermetropia
CAPF AC 2023: Exam Syllabus
The exam is divided into two papers. The details of both papers are given in the table below:
|Name of Paper||General Ability and Intelligence||General Studies, Essay, Comprehensive|
|Duration of exam||2 hours||3 hours|
|Number of Questions||125||7|
Syllabus for Paper I: General Ability & Intelligence
General Mental Ability
- General Science
- Current Affairs
- Indian Polity
- Indian History
Syllabus for Paper II:
Part A (80 Marks): Essay
Part B (120 Marks)
- Précis writing
- Communications/language skills
- Developing counter arguments
- Simple grammar
- Other aspect
CAPF AC 2023: How can you crack the exam?
In order to crack CAPF AC 2023 exam, candidate need to start by familiarizing themselves with the syllabus and exam pattern.
- The first step to start the preparation is going though the Previous Year Solved Question Papers in order to get a feel of the exam and the kind of questions asked.
- You can also determine the difficulty level of various subjects and plan accordingly.
- In order to score well in the current affair section, candidates must go through the newspaper daily and supplement that with Quarterly Current Affair analysis to enhance preparation.
- Getting an updated Guide book that covers Paper I and Paper II is a better option that compiling notes from multiple sources. Candidates must keep in mind that the quality of the study material matters more than the quantity.
- Candidates should complete their preparation by solving Mock Tests to analyse their preparation and improve in the areas which offer scope.